Sunday 20 December 2015

Sunday Songs.

My previous two Sunday Songs posts (here & here) have been about French songs, so I thought I would try and keep up with that and post another French song for your listening pleasure. Quelqu'un m'a dit by Carla Bruni isn't actually a new song, it's been around for quite a while but I am quite obsessed with it's quaint, romantic melody and hum-along-tune.  (excuse the disjointed lyrics)



On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand-chose
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud
Que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...
(refrain)
Que tu m'aimais encore
C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore
Serait-ce possible alors ?
On me dit que le destin se moque bien de nous
Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout
Paraît que le bonheur est à portée de main
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou
Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...
(refrain)
Mais qui est-ce qui m'a dit que toujours tu m'aimais ?
Je ne me souviens plus, c'était tard dans la nuit
J'entends encore la voix, mais je ne vois plus les traits
"Il vous aime, c'est secret, lui dites pas que je vous l'ai dit"
Tu vois, quelqu'un m'a dit...
Que tu m'aimais encore, me l'a-t-on vraiment dit...
Que tu m'aimais encore, serait-ce possible alors ?

Someone told me that our lives aren't a big thing(*guess it means something important)
They pass on the instant as discolour roses
Someone told me that the time that pass is a bastard
that is making topcoats from our grief
However someone said to me...
Refrain
Who do you still love,
This is someone that've told me that you still love me.
Is it possible then?
Someone told me that the destiny is scoffing at us
dont't give us anything and that promise us everything
Appear that the happiness is only for the reach hands
Then they tighten the hand and find themselves crazy
But someone have told me...
Refrain
But who can tell me that today you are loving me?
I don't remember more it was late in the night,
I'm still hearing the voice, but I don't see anymore the ?points?
"He loves you, it's a secret, don't tell him that I tell you"
You see, someone told me...
Who do you still love, he really told me...
Who do you still love, is it possible then?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...