Thursday 17 December 2015

summer wishlist

summer wishlist

Although we are already full swing into the summer heat, it's never be too late to post a few items that I want for my closet this summer.

1. Hooded Poncho
A poncho is great to throw over whatever you're wearing in the evening if it gets slightly chilly, which is generally not the case here in Durban but is definitely a useful item for breezy Cape Town evenings. It's effortlessly chic & minimal which I love.

2. Halterneck Pleat Dress
I love love love this halter neck dress. The pleats make it so pretty and whimsical - perfect for twirling around. Paired with some wedges and statement earrings, it's my favourite kind of summer chic that can be worn either day or night.

3. White fringed dress
This dress is just one of those cute, casual dresses that can be worn on any kind of summer day. I love dresses like this that are not too tight as it's much more comfortable to wear as you're not pulling and tugging at it all day ensuring you're not exposed.

4. Denim dungarees
Whether you call them dungarees or overalls, this is a want that is at the absolute top of my list. Dungarees are the most versatile pieces of clothing that can essentially be worn all year around. For summer, my ideal would either be wearing a crop top or a printed tee underneath it.

5. Striped jumpsuit
Jumpsuits are another piece of summer clothing that are so fun & easy to wear because it can usually be worn by itself but you can always pair this jumpsuit with a statement bangle and some heels for a dressier look.

6. Slim White Jeans
I would normally not touch any pair of jeans in this heat but for some reason white jeans are so summery and appealing in this weather. For me, they're extremely dangerous as I know by the end of the day they will not be clean. Nevertheless, I am willing to risk it paired with a loosely fitted white shirt and a pop of colour in either my make-up or jewellery.

I realised that the colour scheme of my wishlist is very neutral but all these items I would definitely pair with some brighter colours so that it's not all a washout - bright and chic are two adjectives that can be synonymous right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...