Saturday 17 November 2012

Diwali: Festival of Lights.

Every year, there is the annual FNB Durban Diwali Festival held the weekend before Diwali and has many food, clothing and entertainment stalls. There is also a grand fireworks display which gets bigger every year. I couldn't resist including what I wore on the saturday night to the festival - I bought the blue skirt in India and after my mom reviving it, I can't get enough of it. I paired it with a plain tank top and a belt. I tried to keep it traditional by wearing a dot although you can't see it in this photo. Oh wells, it's there don't worry.









Diwali is the Hindu celebration of light over darkness, good over evil; the celebration of the return of Rama & Sita from exile. It's probably one of the most important events on the Hindu calendar and we celebrated it last Tuesday. It's a colourful & auspicious time where you exchange sweetmeats with friends and family and light your home with diyas to welcome the goddess Laxmi into your home (just two of the things we do on Diwali)


Here is the delish chocolate square.



My sister and I were having a bit of a Harry Potter moment. 
As you can see, there was a lot of food involved and don't worry I managed to successfully eat mostly sweet things all day; my favourite at the mo is my mom's chocolate squares. They are absolutely amaze.   We also wear new clothes on Diwali although I didn't get a chance to take a photo of that. You'll just have to take my word for it when I say it was lovelaay. ;) As always, stay stylish!

Image of fireworks by



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...