Tuesday 24 July 2012

MasterChef.

SPOILER ALERT! For those of you unfortunate souls who have not yet watched the finale of MasterChef SA and have had no access to social networking media I suggest you don't read any further.

I'll admit at first I wasn't that interested in the MasterChef series, I didn't understand the hype behind this homegrown series. After watching one episode (four or five episodes before the end) I was taken aback at the skill of the contestants and the quality of the TV show itself. I was expecting another Idols. I'm glad to say that it wasn't anything like the South African Idols. Naturally my favourite contestant was quickly chosen and yes Deena was the chosen one. It was probably due to a mixture of the two facts that he was one from KZN and secondly Indian, one had to be patriotic somehow. The more I watched the show, the more I was interested. I was amazed at the dishes that these amateur chefs could produce, especially some of the dishes produced in the pressure test.

Tonight was the all-important final, two contestants remained Deena and Sue-Ann. It was a very close final where both contestants both seemed to make equal blunders in the three different challenges, at least that's how the judges positioned us with their comments. I'm not going to go into an in-depth anaylsis of the show but it was nail-biting. So much so, that my mom actually reached a point where she left the room because she got so frustrated that Deena was not getting some of the things right and it seemed like Sue-Ann would win - highly amusing. But in the end there could only be one winner and that was Deena!! I think most of Durban erupted with joy once that was announced. This was some intense and better quality South African reality TV show.



Sohini out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...